Performances upcoming at PPAC. Select a performance below for a description, details and to buy tickets.
Man of La Mancha
Musical – Dale Wasserman, Joe Darion & Mitch Leigh
The story is set in a dungeon at the height of the Spanish Inquisition. As real-life novelist Miguel de Cervantes awaits his own trial, he undergoes a “mock” trial by the other prisoners, earning a respite from their bullying by telling the spell-binding tale of Don Quixote, a knight who dreams “The Impossible Dream” of finding a lady worthy of his laying down his life if need be. By turns powerful and humorous, Man of La Mancha is a testament to the human spirit in the face of adversity.
Angie Aparo’s “Follow the Good” Benefit concert for Haiti
Angie Aparo’s “Follow the Good” Benefit concert for Haiti – Join us with EMI recording artist Angie Aparo. He is the songwriting talent behind such big hits as Faith Hill’s recording of ‘Cry.’ A highly respected and accomplished singer and performer himself, Angie has appeared on stage and recordings with Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Edwin McCain, Matchbox20, and the Zac Brown Band to name but a few. All of the proceeds from this concert will benefit Anse a Veau, a small village in Haiti, hit by the hurricane and still in much need of our help.
Father Louis who serves the poor and the elderly in this village does so through his many ministries. His parish feeds the local children, supplies water for the village, supplies medical needs, pays tuition for local children to attend school and ministers Gods love to those imprisoned. Following this event, Angie will travel to Haiti, guitar in hand, to play for the people.
“Our Adventures of Peter Pan”
“Our Adventures of Peter Pan” Directed by Robbie Dernehl – After training with a professional singer, dance and actress our Performing Arts Campers will perform a 2 hour musical complete with costumes, sound effects and lighting, many for the first time. Come enjoy pure entertainment and maybe discover the next big star!
Songwriters Showcase 20
Local favorite Rob Tiger hosts
- Jeff Black – whose songs have earned Grammy recognition, radio chart-topping stats and numerous BMI awards, in “the tradition of an artist delivering songs that are damn-near perfectly crafted and filled with the wisdom of the ages.” – Jedd Beaudoin, PopMatters
- Lon Eldridge – is often said to have talent and style well beyond his years. His warm and infectious musicality is sure keep you tuned in throughout the night, coupling masterful fingerstyle guitar with clever, brilliant vocals. You’ll swear there’s more than one person playing on stage! Lon has toured both the USA and Europe, taking his unique blend of traditional pre-war blues, ragtime, and swing to whole new audiences. This is a show (and a moustache) you definitely don’t want to miss!
- Nikki Talley – Nikki Talley has traveled a lot of miles and called numerous places home, but we in Western NC still want to claim her as one of the area’s finest singer song writers. Always genuine and down to earth she delivers her songs in a beautiful, laid back style.
Don’t Dress for Dinner
Farce – Marc Camoletti & Robin Hawdon. This stylish comedy turns around two couples trying to arrange a tryst with their lovers in the same house at the same time — unbeknownst to each other — and a hapless cook who becomes a mistress, an actress, a niece and whatever else she needs to be depending on who is inventing the “story” to cover what’s going on! “I can’t think of a better way to forget the recession” -Sunday Times
The Sentimental Journey Orchestra
Back by overwhelming demand this 18-member big band plus two astounding vocalists has been delighting audiences in Atlanta and the Southeast for over 40 years. If you love Count Basie, Glenn Miller and Les Brown, if you love Frank Sinatra or Ella Fitzgerald you need to mark your calendar for this remarkable evening. Last year’s performance sold out and the audience required — not requested — that we bring this exciting show back again!
Songwriters Showcase 21
Local favorite Rob Tiger hosts
- Ben Danaher – who draws inspiration from the writers he looks up to as he writes honest — not trendy — songs with personal roots, and themes that anyone can relate to.
- Alice Peacock – a Nashville-based artist who has released five albums on major and independent labels. She’s recorded a duet with John Mayer, and her songs have appeared in feature films and TV shows.
- Jeanne Jolly – whose artistry encompasses the heartfelt confessional quality of the singer-songwriter tradition, the earthiness of American roots music, a hint of jazz sophistication, and the smoldering emotionality of soul balladry.
plus other stellar performers for a night of song sharing in an intimate round-robin format. Check back for updates as we add performers throughout the year! This engaging event has become a tradition at the Peacock, and is the best value in the mountains for an evening of quality entertainment.
Thriller – Ira Levin. Sidney Bruhl was, at one time, a successful playwright, but has recently produced a string of flops. When he receives a stunning play entitled “Deathtrap” from one of his writing students, he forms a plan to claim the play as his own. The plot then takes sinister and comedic turns that thrilled audiences on Broadway for four years, and inspired a hit film.
“One of the most successful whodunits of all time” -Chicago Tribune
This group started in 1995 when 4 friends got together to play their favorite Beatles songs just for the fun of it. Twenty plus years later they are still playing together and have created the highest level of authenticity possible. From John Lennon’s on-stage gum chewing, to using exact replicas of the instruments, costumes and gear the Beatles used, they have not left any detail to chance. Tony Perkins of Good Morning America said, “They were great! Their energy and enthusiasm jumps off the stage. It was quite fun to watch them and imagine what it must have been like at an actual Beatles concert!” Get ready to be transported back to the early 60’s and dance!
Lisa Rock in A Carpenter’s Christmas
Lisa Rock recreates Karen Carpenter’s sultry voice in her tribute to one of the greatest pop duo’s of all time. This eight piece band will bring you back to another place and time. The night will include all your favorites like “Merry Christmas Darling”, “Close to You” along with traditional Christmas songs. A Carpenter’s Christmas may very well become a Peacock tradition.